Your application code needs to be encapsulated inside a virtual machine. It will live in the MuG cloud infrastructure and every time the end user starts an execution from the web portal, the MuGVRE execution engine will remotely call the tool executable to be run. This tool executable, whose file path has been defined in the tool specification file, is the main tool program, and the step by step section below explains how to prepare it.
This piece of code is responsible for:
- Extracting and parsing file paths and metadata from the configuration JSON files that MuGVRE sends
- Running your application or workflow code
- Reporting execution advance and logging warning and errors
- Writing output files into the execution directory
- Cleaning any temporary files created during the execution
- Preparing the auxiliary output metadata JSON, if needed